The crèche is regulated by OFSTED and our working and employment practices ensure all children in our care are looked after to the highest of standards and protected by the safe guarding children’s act.
The crèche is situated on the first floor of the facility and located in the Kirkella Room which can be accessed by the staircase or the lift.
Our contracted crèche assistants all hold a minimum level 2 child care and education qualification and have several years’ experience working within a childcare environment.
Crèche Opening Times
The crèche is open 5 days a week Monday to Friday from 09.00am to 12.00 noon including the school holidays, with the exception of Tuesdays 9.00am to 14.00pm operating term time only. Closed Bank Holidays.
How to Book the Crèche
The crèche can be booked seven days in advance, which is advisable to secure your child a place, either via the reception or by calling 01482 652501.
- £5.80 for 2 hours
- £8.70 for 3 hours
- £2.90 for 2 hours
- £4.35 for 3 hours
All children must be signed in and out of the register, and all belongings must be clearly labelled. Additionally, any belongings left by parents within the crèche are done so at their own risk.
If you are using the swimming facilities then crèche staff are able to change your child into swim wear, if requested, and bring them down to the swimming pool provided that you are already in the wet side changing room area. A child’s swim must be paid for in advance.
Food and Drink
Whilst your child is in the crèche you may supply them with a drink and a light snack. Please ensure these are clearly labelled to avoid confusion. Any known allergies or food intolerances must also be made clear to crèche staff.
We ask parents not to bring their child to the crèche if they are at all unwell. Exclusion procedure for illness and disease:
- Vomiting/Diarrhoea – Please keep at home for a period of 48 hours since the last attack, or two clear nappies.
- German Measles – 4 days from onset of rash
- Measles – 4 days from onset of the rash.
- Impetigo – Until cleared up.
- Chicken Pox – Please keep at home until the blisters have dried up and are not weeping.
- Warts – No exclusion as long as they have been treated and covered.
- Slapped Cheek Syndrome – Please keep at home until symptoms have cleared.
- Scarlet Fever – 24 hours after starting antibiotic treatment.
- Scabies – After first treatment
Photographs and Observations
From time to time photographs of your child will be taken if parental consent is obtained; this is for training and display purposes, to celebrate an individual achievement and for your child’s personal profile.