STA Pool Plant Operator's Course Dates and Locations
|Location ||Dates ||Time |
|TBC ||TBC ||TBC |
£360 per candidate + STA membership (£41 approx.)
This qualification aims to enable candidates to manage and maintain swimming pool, spa and interactive play feature operation via receiving the training necessary to reflect the most up to date requirements and standards for pool plant operation.
View course information (.pdf)
- Industry lead bodies and their recommendations and guidelines
- Pollution and its removal, the threat of disease such as legionnaires and how they are controlled
- Principles of circulation and filtration and the requirements for regular maintenance
- How the physical characteristics of a swimming pool can be hazardous
- Swimming pool ventilation and heating systems
- The principles of water treatment, including pH, water balance and water testing
- Microbiological testing
- Analysis and interpretation of readings leading to corrective action
- Methods for recording results and maintaining records
- Understanding the different types of residual and non-residual disinfectants and their use in water treatment.
- Developing and understanding and awareness of current industry best practice, guidance and recommendations
- Principles of Health and Safety and the relevant Statutes
- Developing an understanding of the environmental implications of operating and managing swimming pools, spas and associated plant
- Energy and cost efficiency
- Assessment including course assignment, completion of manual and exam paper
- Undertake a practical water test, analysis and interpret
This course requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
The course costs £350 plus membership to the STA which is approximately £41.
How to book
Contact the Central Leisure Team on (01482) 395223.