The aim of East Riding Leisure Withernsea Gymnastics is to provide a safe, effective and child friendly environment in which the Gymnasts can participate under the guidance of appropriately qualified coaches.
Courses are run in 10 week blocks.
Cost £38 per course for 1 hour recreational classes.
When are the sessions
Sessions are held On Saturdays at various times depending on age and ability for ages 4-10 years
The gymnasts are organised into groups according to their age, ability, experience and individual needs. (this covers beginners, intermediate, advance etc) Gymnasts work through the British Amateur Gymnastics Association (BAGA) badge scheme and are assessed on the last three weeks of the course, normally weeks 8, 9 and 10. On completing and passing each award, the badge and certificate can be purchased from reception at a cost of £3.30.
We provide a child/ coach led programme and will endeavour to help your child develop to their optimum level of performance. Our coaches are all British Gymnastics qualified at the appropriate level and have been screened for their suitability to work with children. Gymnastics is a non-contact sport, however on occasions there will be contact between the coach and the gymnast. Coaches are trained by British Gymnastics in the correct support techniques.
Arrangements should be made to escort your child to and from training sessions and events. We would appreciate your child arriving and being collected promptly. Payment for each course is to be made on week 8 of the current course to reserve and confirm your child’s place on the next course. Failure to pay before the new course starts may result in your child losing their place on the course.
- No jewellery to be worn during a gymnastics session. Failure to do so will result in a gymnast being unable to participate. This includes ear rings, it is not sufficient to cover up piercings with Elastoplasts. (However, if your child has recently had their ears pierced - we will permit them to wear them as long as they are covered up with Elastoplasts).
- Gymnasts must give their name to the coach with the register on arrival and then sit on the mats in an orderly fashion.
- Please use the changing rooms provided to change gymnasts in and out of the gymnastics clothing. (Child Protection issues).
- Toilets – Please make sure your child goes to the toilet before the session starts, If gymnasts require the toilet during the session, gymnasts under the age of 8yrs old must be supervised by a coach or appropriate adult in accordance to the safe guarding policy.
- Please refrain from using the equipment until supervised by a coach.
- Gymnasts are able to bring a drink. (Coaches will allow a drink break during the session)
- No eating during a gymnastics session.
- Suitable clothing must be worn during a gymnastic session, i.e. Leotard for the girls and Vest/T-shirt and shorts for the boys (T-shirt must tuck into shorts). T-shirts and shorts will be permitted for the first couple of weeks after joining and then suitable clothing must be worn (Leotards with skirts are not acceptable). No zips or buttons on shorts please.
- If parents wish to speak to the coach then please do so either before or at the end of the session.
- No photography or mobile phones to be used in the Gymnastics hall during normal sessions.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Hair must be tied up, no hard hair bobbles or hair bands.
Rules written in association with British Gymnastics welfare policies.
New sessions commence 5 March 2016. Enrolments for the new course are being taken from 20 February contact 01964 614000 to book (limited places)
Download Interest Form (PDF)