|Location ||Dates ||Time |
|TBC ||TBC ||TBC |
This qualification aims to train teachers to take aquatic exercise sessions of most ability ranges and all fitness levels from the beginner to the athlete, through the use of water resistance and other available aqua exercise equipment.
View course information (.pdf)
- Legislative background, health, hygiene and safety
- Child protection and the integration of pupils with disabilities
- The principles of teaching and planning, hydrostatics and hydrodynamics
- Aquacise theory and practical skills
- Anatomy, physiology, energy, nutrition and how they impact fitness and training
- Planning and designing an Aquacise session, including the use of music
- The pool environment and the properties of water
- Exercises in the water and the correct use of aqua equipment
This qualification does not have an expiry date. To remain as an STA approved Aquacise instructor, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, holders of the qualification are required to: Remain in membership of the STA and Keep knowledge up to date with regular CPDs.
This particular course is a conversion course for candidates who already hold an Exercise to Music Certificate or a Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate, evidence of one of these Qualifications must be produced before the course starts.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
How to book
Contact the Central Leisure Team on 01482 395223