Let's go outside!
Outdoor Classes are coming to East Riding Leisure
Spring is almost here, and we are pleased to announce that in-line with Government guidelines roadmap, we are launching our outdoor class programme starting from Monday 29 March 2021!
Information and how to book
- You will need to pre-book these sessions Book Online(The booking system will not be live until 27th for members)
- Booking is 2 days in advance for members and 1 day for non-members
- Classes and availability will vary from site to site
- Please come class ready and bring your own exercise mat for class should you require one
- Covid secure procedures will still be in place. You can read about these here https://eastridingleisure.co.uk/reopening/
- Spaces are limited
- Classes may be cancelled due to poor weather for safety reasons but our aim is to continue with classes whenever possible
- No outdoor classes will take place during the April Bank Holidays
- Please note only our outdoor facilities will be open from 29 March. The centre does not reopen until Monday 12 April as per the Government roadmap.
There are many benefits of outdoor exercise:
- Exercising outside reduces the transmission on Covid 19
- Outdoor workouts are even more challenging due to your body having to work harder with uneven surfaces and the natural elements. This means you will burn more calories and improve your balance and core skills.
- Fresh air helps to alleviate insomnia
- Being outdoors provides us with essential vitamin D, which helps us maintain healthy bones, teeth and muscles
- Fresh air and natural light invigorates and provides more energy for the mind and body
- Outdoor exercise can help ward off depression and anxiety because sunshine naturally increases serotonin, a hormone that affects your mood.