A concessionary scheme for those who are eligible.
You may be given a personalised card that can be presented at any East Riding Leisure Centre to obtain the discount. The scheme provides a 33% discount off the price of many standard activities at East Riding Leisure Centres.
Only the person who is allocated the card is eligible for the discounts.
East Riding Leisure Bridlington does not operate the SURE Saver Card concessions scheme.
Why is this discount important?
One of East Riding of Yorkshire Council's community aims is to improve the quality of life for residents. The council has decided to subsidise its sports and leisure centres for all users to support this aim. Further discounts are targeted at local residents in receipt of certain benefits through the SURE Saver Scheme.
Which activities does this apply to?
- Classes including Aqua Fit, Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Circuit Training and Yoga.
- Gym use including your Tone Zone induction and Tone Zone casual use.
- Activities including Badminton, Table Tennis, Squash, Netball, Basketball, 5-a-side Football and Cricket Net bookings.
For group activities, like badminton, all participants will have to possess a SURE Saver Card for the discount to apply. Other casual booking activities are also available. The discount cannot however be applied to any special offers, direct debit schemes or activities operated by clubs.
You are eligible for the scheme if you are a resident of the East Riding of Yorkshire, and also fit one or more of the following:
- Are a young person aged under 16 (personalised card and registration not required).
- Are a student in full-time education and not employed in a full-time capacity.
- Are in receipt of means-tested benefits including:
- Universal Credit (earning under the £7,500 ceiling)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Housing Benefits
- Council Tax Support
- Income-based - Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Pension Credit (guaranteed credit)
Complete the application pdf online and email it to your local leisure centre.
Alternatively, print a copy and take it to your local Leisure Centre.
You will need to provide a screenshot or hard copy of your latest benefit entitlement.
Students are required to produce confirmation from their University/College as proof of eligibility.
You may be issued with a personalised Sure Saver Card which you need to show on each visit to obtain the discount.
When can I claim the discount?
Once you have submitted the application form, either online or handed it in at your local centre, it will take no longer than 10 working days to issue your card, subject to eligibility being confirmed. The card can be used at any East Riding Leisure Centre, apart from Bridlington.